Author Topic: Frequent reader, new member  (Read 11368 times)

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Frequent reader, new member
« on: April 29, 2006, 11:35:15 pm »
I'm the owner of a nine month old Great Dane.  I have really enjoyed reading tips from this site since shortly after I got Bella.  I finally got myself together to join and am so proud of myself!  Just wanted to know if there are any other Dane members in the South Alabama area.  I know that I have ran across a few in the past.
Hello to everyone! :)
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Frequent reader, new member
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 11:51:01 pm »
Great to hear from you. My previous dog was a min. schnauzer who I had to euthanize at 13 years of age.  That was so traumatic and heartbreaking that I said I could never have another dog.  It just hurt too much to lose her.  After about 3 years of being dogless and lonely, I just had to get a new friend.  This is my first Dane , so I have had so much to learn.  It has really helped to visit this site.
So what kind of character is Jack?  Bella is definitely a mama's girl, and I usually can't leave her sight.  If she's not under my legs, then I know that she's up to no good! ;D

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 02:58:40 am »
Welcome to BPO! What a pretty girl you have!
I am Rebekah and I currently live with 2 Danes, one is mine and one is a foster who has lived here for months now and sometimes I wonder if he will ever get adopted. Lucky for me he is a very charming boy. ;D I also have a big pack of mutts that run around my house and cause chaos. :D

You'll love it here! More pictures, please!!! :D

Kiahpyr

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 03:13:57 am »
Welcome aboard! I'm April and I have 2 dogs, 3 cats and 2 bearded dragons. My pups are Kiah and Kitana. Kiah the great pyrenees is almost 14 months and Kitana my mix is 5 months. Warning addiction in the making!

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 03:51:32 am »
Hi, Tina, Rebekah, Julie, and April!
Thanks for warning me about the teenage years.  I've heard that, but I really figured that she couldn't possibly be as unruly of a teenager as she has been already.  I guess I'll just pray that it doesn't get too bad.
I am now really beginning to enjoy her.  Not that I haven't loved her from the moment that I saw her, but she really knows how to pitch a temper tantrum.  I am finally learning how to handle her, and she is so smart.  She is just like her mom (Me), she wants to do what she wants to do when she wants to do it!
Oh, yes, I have tons of photos.  I'll post more later.  Bella and I are heading off to our intermediate training class right now. :D

cricket36580

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 05:03:12 am »
Too funny!!!  Hi, I'm Abby and I also have a black dane named Bella...And she's a stinker too!!!  I also have Foster and Baloo a pyr.  I'm also in south AL...about 15 mi north of the beaches.  Have we met before???

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 05:09:59 am »
Hello and welcome!

My name is Chris, and I am owned by Keiko, an 8 yr old  husky/shep mix, Gunther, a 1 1/2 yr old (almost) great dane, and soon to be 2 rat terriers, Posey (5 1/2 months) and a yet undetermined male. Also a cockatiel named Pasta and I co-own an appaloosa mare, Pepper (20 yrs), with my mom.

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 05:22:41 am »
Welcome to the group.  I'm Cindy, guardian to The Brindle Pack.  Tucker is my dane/lab mix with special needs.  He has epilepsy, bi-lateral hip dysplasia, and allergies.  Tyra is my dane and most definitely the princess of the pack.  Scooter in my little Mexican mutt; a foster that never left.

Don't forget to post lots of pictures.

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 05:39:50 am »
Welcome to BPO.  I'm Mel.  I'm mommy to an almost 10 month old Giant Schnauzer named Dazy and a 4 year old Mini Schnauzer named Ladybug.  I have a skin kid and a hubby too. ;) 

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 06:56:59 am »
Thanks for the welcome everyone!
Abby, I don't think that we have met, but I am in Mobile.  Not too far.  Two Bellas, now that would be a handful!!
For you Dane owners, Bella seems to be getting what looks like a brownish tint to some of her hair.  Is that usual, or maybe just a summer thing??  She has such a beautiful coat, I want it to stay the same.  She also is having dry skin, so I just bought some Brewer's yeast.  Any opinions?

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 06:59:19 am »
Julie, Gweck looks precious, and I can see how he might have a "nutty" side. :D

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 07:02:39 am »
I can't get enough of everyone's pictures.  Everyone's animals are so beautiful!!
(Gunther sure looks like a stinker, also ;))

Offline Svnt4God

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Website
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2006, 08:17:33 am »
After about 3 years of being dogless and lonely, I just had to get a new friend. 

I only lasted 4 months being dogless.  I couldn't stand it.  I thought that NOT having a dog would be good.  I would be free-er.  I wouldn't have to run home right after work to de-poop the dog.

WRONG ...  4 months later, I became a first time Dane owner.

I have had him for over a year now and have increased my "herd" by one more Dane.

They are the best dogs in the world (in my opinion).  I can't imagine my life without my dogs.

Welcome to the Group.

Barbara

« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 08:17:53 am by Svnt4God »

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2006, 08:56:29 am »
Hi Bellas mom! Welcome to BPO! :)
RIP former BPO

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2006, 09:05:12 am »
I am so sorry, what was I thinking?  I'm Tessie and live in Mobile, Alabama. 
Thanks Tina for the skin and hair info.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 09:09:39 am by Bella's mom »