Author Topic: Those were the days.....  (Read 2174 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Those were the days.....
« on: April 30, 2006, 11:57:20 am »
With all the great dogs foods out there & the anguish we go through choosing just the right food for our canine friends I often wonder how much easier would it have been in the days there was only like Purina & a few other brands...lol.. .When I talk about dog food I often get an old timer who says something like this, "Back in the day we fed Purina (or insert the other few brand names)& table scraps & our farm dogs lived to 15 years old"!...lol...Does this ever make you wonder? :-\

Offline Magnus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Those were the days.....
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 09:09:49 pm »
My wife always says that her pop pop who came from upstate PA, fed the dogs left overs and table scraps, never went to the vet, and lived 10-15 years with no major medical problems.  Ir does definitley make you wonder.  But which one of us is willing to try that with our dogs today?.... exactly why there are always new and better products on the market.
StanLee- American Mastiff
Julie- Rottie
Steve- Pug/Jack Russel
Neeko- My old rottie friend waiting at the bridge

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 01:10:39 am »
My wife always says that her pop pop who came from upstate PA, fed the dogs left overs and table scraps, never went to the vet, and lived 10-15 years with no major medical problems.  Ir does definitley make you wonder.  But which one of us is willing to try that with our dogs today?.... exactly why there are always new and better products on the market.
I'm not willing to try it!...lol...I just chuckle & then start to wonder when the oldtimers make these comments. :)

Kiahpyr

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 02:09:44 am »
When I grew up we fed our dogs purina. I'm still trying to get my mom to feed her dog better stuff. When I do she tells me all of our dogs lived to be 13 years or more on the stuff. I even tried buying my mom better dogfood, but the town she lives doesn't carry any. :-\ The closest is an hour away. My mom does go there at least once or twice a month. Now her dog is having skins problems, so here we go again. ::)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 02:10:16 am by Tajsa »