Author Topic: Portland, Oregon Big Paws  (Read 17715 times)

DakotaMom

Re: Portland, Oregon Big Paws
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2006, 10:45:56 pm »
Of course, I don't go anywhere without my camera. I wonder who else we can get to join us?

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 11:13:27 am »
I'm near Tacoma but I have family in Gresham so I can probably combine a vist with family to see my twee little nephew AND a trip for a meet-up.

Dell loves him some dog park time and other big paws would be great, although next to some of y'all's dogs, he's just a wee little guy at 76 lbs.
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

DakotaMom

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2006, 11:20:17 am »
That would be great!

chaosndestruction

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2006, 01:09:15 pm »
:( Is it always on Saturdays? I have to work Saturday nights so I'm usually sleeping most of the afternoon away:(

DakotaMom

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2006, 01:12:27 pm »
The Leos normally meet on Saturdays, but we could try and do another time sometime.

doggylover

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2006, 03:32:44 pm »
I think what might be super fun is if we all met down at the Columbia river sometime.  The doggers could swim, the parents could sit in the shade and eat and drink and be merry!!

*Zanie, you and Dell would fit in PERFECTLY!  We won't tell the dogs that Dell is a lil dog. 

DakotaMom

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2006, 04:29:24 pm »
That would be better I think. More centrally located for everyone.

How busy is this spot on the river, Ronda?

doggylover

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 04:43:40 pm »
That would be better I think. More centrally located for everyone.

How busy is this spot on the river, Ronda?
Denise, its wonderful because it's OK to have dogs offlease as long as they respond to verbal commands.  The strip of beach is big, and most people who are down there have dogs with them, or are tolerant of dogs.  There is also a lot of shade.  You can pretty much spread out as far as you like!

chaosndestruction

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2006, 01:31:30 pm »
That is a great idea! If it's early enough on a Saturday I could probably do it, but working graveyard, I need to get to bed by 2 pm and I'm willing to lose some sleep if it means meeting other big paw parents and letting my puppers have a good time ;D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 01:34:07 pm by chaosndestruction »

DakotaMom

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2006, 10:10:59 pm »
I just wanted to remind anyone that might be interested in this. The time has changed to 10:00 so it won't be so warm.