Author Topic: Share Funny Quirks About Your Pups  (Read 2911 times)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Share Funny Quirks About Your Pups
« on: June 01, 2005, 07:14:31 pm »
I have to share this, because it amuses me.  I hope, for your sake, it will do the same!  ;)

Little Betti was the runt of her litter.  We were told that she was not competitive with other dogs at feeding time and that is why she was malnourished.

Betti has a funny cowlick near the rear of her head, on one of the bulging muscles beside her ear...more toward the back of her head.

Betti also has a funny tooth.  It is the tooth next to the canine, not back toward the incisors, but between the front two canines, next to the canine.  It sticks out.  We call it her "egg tooth", much like dinosaurs are reputed to have had to break out of their egg shells at birth.

Betti also has one funny, lazy eye...on the same side as her cowlick.

So, we reason, jokingly of course, that Betti was all crammed up in the far corner of her mother's womb, surrounded by more dominant brothers and sisters.  Hence, the cowlick from being squashed in the corner...and the lazy eye.

Furthermore, she had to fend off the kicking and head butting from the other pups with her special pseudo-fang.

In addition, Betti is known as a "little ting" and I tell everyone she is just a "little ting".  Her being a rottweiler causes them to not believe me on this one.  But when Betti sleeps on the bed she makes herself so small.  When I leave for work in the AM, Betti takes my pillow...not my side of the bed...only the regular-sized pillow.  She curls up like an arctic fox, using the pillow as her own personal feather bed.

Heck, if all rottweilers were like Betti, I could fit six on the bed.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Re: Share Funny Quirks About Your Pups
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 07:19:42 pm »
Greta will do anything for food.  She will even dance to Cole Porter's "De-Lovely" in front of  other dogs.  She can twirl to the left and spin to the right.  She can back up and then go through my legs...though this is difficult, because I am only 4'11".

Greta does not allow violence of any kind in her environment.  So, forget about watching "War of the Roses" or a boxing match.  Greta will attack the television.

Violence cannot exist in this house!  ;D
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 07:32:29 pm »
Lou is a goof-ball.  His voice sounds just like Chubaka of "Star Wars".  

One night there wasn't room for him on the bed.  I awoke to this, "Huh!" sound... All I could see was his goof-ball profile in the dark, with floppy ears sticking out and hear his Chubaka groans...

When he was still a puppy he would be lying on the floor and let out a fart..."Putt....Fffftt ttt!"  His head would jerk toward his rear in surprise at the sound.  He would take a sniff and then look completely offended, get up and go to the other side of the room.

Then, there was the first time he saw me without my shirt on.  He must have been two years old, at least.  I was changing...whi ch I usually did in the bathroom...but this time it was in the same room as Greta and Lou.  Lou was so horrified he first stared at me wide-eyed with disbelief.  I noticed his bewilderment and laughed...It was apparent he thought my breasts were humongous, looming eyes and he couldn't handle their confrontationa l glare.  He wanted out of the room.

He never really became used to that.  He still stares at me.

Perhaps he is reincarnated and is really just some pervert who came back as "Lou".

Like in the French movie "Baxter".

And, after Lou was neutered I was working on the computer one night a few months later, when I heard this rythmic thumping sound.  I looked over to see Lou, rear gyrating on the floor.  He noticed that I saw him and this embarrassed look filled his eyes.  I couldn't help but notice that he had a woody, but it also looked as if he still had his pre-neuter parts.  Upon closer inspection I was quite alarmed to find that he had two bumps alongside his wee-wee.  I immediately called the vet who neutered him and said that perhaps something was "left behind".

The veterinary assistant informed me that she once worked for a very old, decrepit vet who accidently left a ball in a patient after a neuter procedure.  She assured me that Lou's condition merely meant he was aroused and that the two balls were no more than a normal canine erection.

So, I was relieved, but that did not cure Lou of his funny state.  To this day he is embarrassed when he has this happen...which it seems to happen each morning...He flops around uncontrollably while he lies there, butt moving, front paws desperately grasping the floor for stability...an d looks totally embarrassed.  Sometimes he will deliberately attempt to cover it up...pretend he is scratching, but I can tell.

;D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 07:36:39 pm by moonlitcroatia »

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 08:13:54 pm »
LOL!...There is a funny thing Samson does & the neighbors think we're both nuts!...We have recently fenced in almost a whole acre & suddenly Samson forgot what the command come means...I have found that if I shake his treat jar & yell here kitty kitty kitty her will come running!...The treat jar alone didn't work but when he thought the cats were getting treats ( I often give the dog & cats treats at the same time) & he wasn't, well that's a whole other story...Pictur e a 105 lb. Great Pyrenees pup come running full out to here kitty kitty kitty...See why the neighbors have serious questions about us?...lol!

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 09:53:26 pm »
LOL!...There is a funny thing Samson does & the neighbors think we're both nuts!...We have recently fenced in almost a whole acre & suddenly Samson forgot what the command come means...I have found that if I shake his treat jar & yell here kitty kitty kitty her will come running!...The treat jar alone didn't work but when he thought the cats were getting treats ( I often give the dog & cats treats at the same time) & he wasn't, well that's a whole other story...Pictur e a 105 lb. Great Pyrenees pup come running full out to here kitty kitty kitty...See why the neighbors have serious questions about us?...lol!

That's funny!  He's a big boy.  I love his white coat.  How do you keep him clean?

Betti does that, too.  She comes running if I call Greta.  :-\

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 01:13:48 am »
I brush him quite alot...It takes the dry dirt & such out of his coat...He also gets a hose down or a shower downstairs when he has gotten really muddy...I was taking him to Petco for grooming before the weather got warmer...They use a blueing shampoo that makes his coat good & white...It also seemed to have kind of "overprocessed" his tan markings & they looked kind of orange under the sun for awhile but I may have been just imagining it too...lol!