Mastiffs > Rare Breed Mastiff Discussions

Any Dogue de Bordeaux owners?

(1/12) > >>

moonlitcroatia:
I would like to see photos of these cuties.  They were my first choice, but I decided on rottweilers.  I don't see many Dogue de Bordeaux, but when I do they are spectacular.  Aren't they also known as the French Mastiff?

mastiffmommy:
Me too, I love the look of the Dogue de Bordeaux, I see them all the time in magazines and in ads. in mags. but hardly ever live so to speak. Wasnt that the breed who played "Hutch" in the movie??? hmmm maybe it is spellet "Houtch" nope.... that looks even more stange, ohh well, you know who I mean  ;D

I wonder how many they register per year, I think I have to go take a look and see if I can find some info. about them

Marit

moonlitcroatia:

--- Quote from: mastiffmommy on June 01, 2005, 10:30:37 pm ---Me too, I love the look of the Dogue de Bordeaux, I see them all the time in magazines and in ads. in mags. but hardly ever live so to speak. Wasnt that the breed who played "Hutch" in the movie??? hmmm maybe it is spellet "Houtch" nope.... that looks even more stange, ohh well, you know who I mean  ;D

I wonder how many they register per year, I think I have to go take a look and see if I can find some info. about them

Marit

--- End quote ---

I hope BPO acquires DDB owners.  It would be neat to see what they share.

pndlake:
Hi,  wasn't it Turner and Hooch and Hooch was the dog.  I remember because we owned a video store when it was released and one of the puppies at the end of the movie lived right by our store.  He brought the dog "Napoleon" out to our store to promote the movie and let customers kids pet and climb all over him.  He, of course, was full grown by the time the movie was released.  The kids were climbing all over him and he fell asleep. :D  I happened to see the man who owned him and unfortunately, Napoleon did not live very long because of bone problems. :'(  I do not know of any others around here but I would not be surprised, if I see Steve (owner) I will ask him. It is pronounced (dog de borjay)

mastiffmommy:
Yes I hope so, hey...... if there is anyone out there, please come show us your handsome dogs.

I love their wrinkely faces. Are you still concidering getting one, when it is time to get the next dog??

Marit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version