Author Topic: I love Canidae!!!  (Read 4986 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

I love Canidae!!!
« on: April 23, 2006, 11:04:23 am »
I just got some info. about Canidae from the distributor where I buy my dog food...Not only is all the meat human grade their animals are raised free range...This makes me feel even better about the food I feed my puppers! :)

Offline Beth

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Kuma
    • View Profile
Re: I love Canidae!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 06:55:56 pm »
I had heard SO MUCH about Canidea off the Newf.Net, but am cheap so I opted for Iams.  This past week I have been having a few issues with my Newf so I decided to change her over to the Canidea.  I feel much better about it and hope its all I have heard about.
Beth &
Kuma (Newfoundland)

" Don't accept your dog's admiration
as conclusive evidense that you are wonderful."
-Ann landers

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 08:28:22 pm »
Is your breeder helping you? becouse at this age it is crucial you stay in touch with your breeder, keeping them apraised of the growth of your newf.
i would encourage you to do so, if you cannot, than i would recomend canidae or wysong, but also remember not all newfs do well on all foods, canidae did not agree with one male in my last litter but the others grew slow and even, the male that was on it grew way to fast, so we switched him over to wysong synorgen and turkey necks.
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505

Offline Sami142

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 10:29:44 pm »
I just switched Jinx and Rookie from Pro Plan to Canidae about a week ago.  I have read so many good things about it that I was sure I was making a good decision, but reading your post made me even more confident...Th anks  :)

Sami, Jinx, and Rookie

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 11:37:58 pm »
Foods like Iams, Science Diet & Eukanuba were top notch in the day before the pet food industry became so competitive... All you have to do is look at the ingredients lists on the foods to get your arguments for Canidae for your boyfriend...Th e first 3 foods I mentioned in this posts do large scale advertising... Who do you think pays for that advertising?...Us...the consumer as it gets passed down in the price of the food...Tell your boyfriend the reason he hasn't heard of Canidae is because they are using their money to make an awesome food not in advertising to sell their food! ;) :)

Kiahpyr

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 11:43:37 pm »
Remember to that Iams maybe be cheaper, but the dogs will eat more of it. Iams has a lot of fillers that dogs can't digest. They'll retain more with canidea. Here's a site to have your hubby look it. It has good info as to what should and shouldn't be in dogfood.

http://www.mordanna.com/dogfood/
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 11:45:51 pm by Tajsa »

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 01:09:37 am »
Hi,

Try this, relate it to People food. Will he only Eat McDonalds  :P (instead of the great burgers at the local pub) Becuase he's heard of McDonalds, or he will only have Pizza from Domino's  :'( because they advertise and you can get that cardboard everywhere. What about his favorite restaurant does he go because it is a big chain that everyone knows or becuase the food is better than every other place.

Catch my drift, Just becuase it is better known doesn't make it better!!

Rich
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 01:14:24 am by Winslow 151 »
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

k2campbell

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 01:55:30 am »
Would Canidae be ok for a growing dane baby?
O gosh - YES!  Canidea All Life's Stages is good from pups to seniors.  Since we started Kate on it - I couldn't even think of switching her onto anything else ;)

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 12:40:30 pm »
When my trainer Deborah suggested it (okay, Dell's trainer  :D) I was skeptical at first because I had not heard of it and HAD heard of Iams, but I thought I would have Dell try it.

Deborah said he would eat less and it would be MUCH better for him than Iams. The "eat less" part piqued Hubby's wallet  ;) and I wanted the best food we could possibly afford for Dell.  Hubby balked a little bit but what could he say when I toted in a 40 lb bag of it and then kept bringing it home?  LOL

We're both very happy with the results.  I cannot speak highly enough of Canidae.
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 01:07:06 pm »
Here's the argument that worked on my friend Mike about Purina: 

"You've heard of Purina because they spend a hundred million dollars a year on advertising.  Canidae spends their money on their product, and leaves most of their advertising to word of mouth from happy customers.  It's like the difference between Ragu spaghetti sauce and Newman's Own.  Which one do you put on your pasta, buddy?"

So his dogs have been on Canidae since they came home.  ;)

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline mizzi

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 01:20:08 pm »
I have been feeding Canidae for 4 years. My dogs do very well on it. I do feed Evo alitle during the summer but only to my dogs that are on the show circuit or if they are involved in working events.

Offline MafiaPrincess

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 06:36:40 pm »
HAHA I converted Mizzi to BPO..
~I'm changing my naughty ways to naughtier ones~

chaosndestruction

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2006, 09:47:30 am »
I plan on starting Keela on Canidae after the newest bag of Nutro Large Breed Puppy is gone...