Author Topic: Allie's killing me here !  (Read 6128 times)

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
Allie's killing me here !
« on: May 04, 2006, 11:01:54 am »
So this is how yesterday morning started for me ..... I'm sleeping ( it's about 6 am ) and suddenly Allie is trying to jump up on the bed ... Hmm ... She's supposed to be in her kennel ..... I get up , go in the other room and her kennel door is completly ripped off the cage ! And oh , what's this ?!?! She pooped and peed by the back door ( at least she was trying to get outside , right ?) and continued to walk thru it many a times and tracked it thru the house ... Well , then she must have been bored so she chewed up my sons new water gun that he got for his birthday .... Oh , and why not climb on top of her kennel and pull stuff off the shelves and chew on that stuff too ? And what doesn't get chewed up is now covered in dog poo !And then to top it all off , she had learned a new trick and decided it's great fun to dunk her Kong in her water dish , than carry it around the house , making the smeared dog poop nice and runny !!!! Aaacckkk , I love her but sometimes ..........  :-\
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline MafiaPrincess

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Allie's killing me here !
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 11:22:57 am »
Wow.. I am so sorry.  That's pretty hardcore.
Cider had a illness poopy moment and ruined a dog bed a few weeks back.  It smelled rank, was all over the crate bars and I thought that was nasty..
*sends huggles*
~I'm changing my naughty ways to naughtier ones~

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 11:43:52 am »
Allie sounds like my girl. She figured out how to push the tray out of her crate after she messed in it so she didn't have to lay in it. She also likes to dunk things in the toilet and actually figured out that things sprayed with Bitter Apple (like the remote) taste better after a good dunk in the john ::)Newfies are problem solvers and sometimes they are way too smart for their own good. I feel for you. Believe me. I do. ;)
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 11:49:29 am »
Wow.. I am so sorry.  That's pretty hardcore.
Cider had a illness poopy moment and ruined a dog bed a few weeks back.  It smelled rank, was all over the crate bars and I thought that was nasty..
*sends huggles*

Ewww , yuck ! Oh , I just have to comment on that picture of Cider with the little bow on the top of her head , so cute it should be illegal !!!! ;)

Mom2Sadie , They are WAY too smart for their own good ! I really think they fool people because of how "dopey" they look and act sometimes ! My biggest problem is now her kennel is basically broke , so I cobbled it back together and have to put a huge box in front of it , then shove a peice of furniture in front of that until payday comes so I can buy another own . LOL What a circus this is turning out to be !  ;D
-Amy
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Crush-Painted Turtle

Offline MafiaPrincess

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 11:54:55 am »
Aww thank you.
Even at a year and a half when trimmed down she looks puppyish again.  I had t oprove her age for agility class they told me 6 months was too little  ???
The poopy mess was hardcore, but yours, wow..

Can you possibly put the crate back together with carabeeners for now maybe?  Like 4 or so to hold it back together, lol.

On another board I'm on a Mom of a newf was telling people how yesterday her's had dug up a bone, snout all muddy comes in, dissapears, comes back clean.  She goes to the kitchen to find one water bowl (hers) clean, the other water bowl that no one drinks out of but they keep filled is muddy.  They all share her water dish.  They certainly are problem solvers.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 12:08:11 pm »
EWWWWWW!

I feel for ya'.  Luckily, I have never had to deal with that kind of mass destruction.  I've dealt with my share of poo pickup and upchuck (I even dropped my camera in poo at the dog park  :P ) but I think this takes the cake.  :o

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 05:15:46 pm »
That must have been a nice way to start the day.  :( You poor thing. I am sorry that you had to deal with that. Just look at that face though... She is just precious. :)
Sending you hugs!
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 06:26:12 pm »
oh my goodneSS! my heart goes out to you!!  honestly if i lived close i would have come by to help you clean up!!  it sounds like a segment from the book "marley and me"! i swear these dogs are too smart for their own good!!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 04:16:23 am »
oh my goodneSS! my heart goes out to you!!  honestly if i lived close i would have come by to help you clean up!!  it sounds like a segment from the book "marley and me"! i swear these dogs are too smart for their own good!!

LMAO I read that book and it honestly helped me appreciate Allie more ! Every naughty thing Marley did , I was saying " Oh , that's just like Allie! " LOL
Anyways ,I wouldn't let you help me clean up but I would make you bring Fumble over to help wear Allie out ! ( and so I could give him hugs to make me feel better .  ;) )
-Amy
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Crush-Painted Turtle

Offline nostaw

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 07:18:41 pm »
It's so nice owning a Newfie ;D
Slime flies when you're having fun!

Offline galaxybears

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • chins n newfs
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2006, 05:56:33 am »
Hmmmm so glad I wasn't in your shoes that morning!! :D
Shelley
Mum to Molly, Honey and Kitten
RIP my darling Bronte

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2006, 09:18:30 pm »
[quote author=horsepoor21
Mom2Sadie , They are WAY too smart for their own good ! I really think they fool people because of how "dopey" they look and act sometimes ! My biggest problem is now her kennel is basically broke , so I cobbled it back together and have to put a huge box in front of it , then shove a peice of furniture in front of that until payday comes so I can buy another own . LOL What a circus this is turning out to be !  ;D

LOL, I hear you. i have to put free weights in front of Sadie's crate so she can't push the bottom out. They look big and dumb but it's all an optical illusion. Sadie has been trying to chew my bras from the laundry basket all morning. This dog has 900 toys, but somehow bras are so much more interesting! Argh!!!
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline MafiaPrincess

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2006, 11:15:48 pm »
Anything from the laundry ismore interesting!  You didn't know?  Cider has finally gotten over it, but spent a year trying to grab thongs through the basket holes to do nasty things with.  And even if my laundry was mixed up in other people's.. she still went for my undies..  And has attacked my clean clothing too, making me think no matter how clean laundry gets, that each person'e retains them enough that a dog can tell who's is who's.

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 12:46:50 am »
[quote author=horsepoor21

LOL, I hear you. i have to put free weights in front of Sadie's crate so she can't push the bottom out. They look big and dumb but it's all an optical illusion. Sadie has been trying to chew my bras from the laundry basket all morning. This dog has 900 toys, but somehow bras are so much more interesting! Argh!!!

LOL Well quit wearing those neon pink and orange bras and maybe they won't be so tempting for her . LMAO  ;D ;)
-Amy
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Crush-Painted Turtle

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 07:14:22 am »
What a great way to start the morning! And isn't it hard to get mad at them???? I haven't mastered that at all yet.  Thus the reason that my husband takes care of the dog training and I take care of the lovin'  ;)
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.