Author Topic: We are going to the vet.  (Read 5594 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
We are going to the vet.
« on: June 02, 2005, 11:13:20 am »
Well today is our appointment for boosters for Galahad. The app. is 2.20, he tells me he isnt looking forward to it  ;) I will also have a good talk about Hera when I am there anyway.

Last time we went to the vet. he was 33 lbs. so it will be interesting to see how much weight he has put on since last time.

He is now trying to push me away from the puter, so he can type a "sos, 911" message to you all, hmmmm wonder if he feels he needs rescuing  :P

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

dohertyswissy

Re: We are going to the vet.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 11:23:45 am »
Hang on, Galahad!  I'll be there in 2 hours to rescue you, you handsome devil, you!!!   :D

Ranger got his last round of puppy boosters a couple weeks ago.  The vet was soooo sad b/c he isn't "due" back for another year.  He begged me to bring him back occassionally so that they can see how big he is getting!

I can't wait to see how big Galahad's gotten!  The grow so fast!

Ranger says for Galahad to be brave!  Usually, there are treats involved afterwards!!!!   :D

Heather

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 11:31:22 am »
Yeah..... Last time we went by Mc Donald and got a burger with no onions, doubt he even had time to tast it though. We take the dogs to a hamb. place from time to time, and they all know as soon as we pull up to the window (I am sure even before, from the smell) what is going to come, and they get soooo excited. We have both a BK and a McD just a few min from where we live, the people who work there know our dogs the question always is, how many is there today???

I have a great vet too, it is a smaller place with just 3 vets. I know all of them well and like them a lot. We are very frequent visitors since we have so many animals. Ill let you know how much he as grown since last time, when I get home. How big was Ranger when he was at the vet last time???

Marit

dohertyswissy

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 11:49:05 am »
Last time we went, Ranger weighed in at close to 80 lbs.  He is going to be on the bigger side of the breed, so close to probably 140.  What is funny is that he still sits in my lap, like he is the 40 lb. puppy we picked up.  Our vet said we are doing a great job and he is great shape, not growing too quickly, so that made us feel good!   :)

nickerbokker

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 11:52:03 am »
MY DOGS LOVE MCDONALDS!  THEY LOVE IT.....THEY GET TO TRY AND EAT THE HUMANS THAT STICK THEIR HANDS THROUGH THE WINDOW TRYING TO KILL MOM, ANNNNDDDD, THEY GET FOOD.  no, they do not taste it either, its gone in one gulp...but the fact that they got to gulp something that smelled that good is enough for them LOL

give the baby kisses from all three ofus, it will be okay!

Offline bigdoglover

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 12:56:32 pm »
my dog loves any hamburger-of course she is a labrador, need i say more? before my sharpei died she used to go with all of the time to do all of our running around chores and always sat in the front seat w/me-the burger king by my house would actually give her free burgers for her and her sister! and the bank drive thru always gave her a milk bone dog biscuit which she ate too-of course at home she was too good for reg. milk bone biscuits but not when the girls at the bank gaver her them!

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 01:39:05 pm »
My dogs love the vet.  I know they are weird.  But they get tons of attention when we get there plus we see my friend who has dogs they love.  Then they get more love and treats.  Plus they get to go for a ride.  The shots and poking don't bother Maia, she is tough, but Rocco acts like the vet is killing him.  He must forget about the pain because he still acts excited to go back.  ???
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2005, 02:17:06 pm »
Be strong Galahad it will be fine  ;)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 03:06:48 pm »
Okay, I schnuck in annd usch the putter, pleeeasche HELLLLLP MEEEE. My mommmmy isch craschy, sche takesch me to plasches where theyy schtickkk me annnd pookke meee. I shink tehy schaid I ammm 58 pundd

Galahadddd

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2005, 03:17:07 pm »
Once a month or so we stop by our vet's office and weigh Bear. It is one our walk if we take a really long one so it is no trouble. Last time he weighed 159.9! I was so proud of my big boy.
On the McDonalds note- we love to buy burgers too, but note if you ask for a patty minus the bun it is like 50 cents more. Go figure huh?! 
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2005, 03:17:38 pm »
LOL GALAHAD!!!!!!!!!!!!  I like your lischp!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2005, 03:57:50 pm »
LOL!  Sweet Galahad!  I'll be there in 2 hours to rescue you!!!   :D