Author Topic: Molly update  (Read 1875 times)

Offline rickie

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Short dogs, but big paws :)
    • View Profile
Molly update
« on: May 10, 2006, 06:11:07 pm »
In Feb, a very good friend of mine posted a question here for me. My Basset was losing her hair. We got some really great suggestions, and it also got me hooked to this site. Although I don't post often, I read it daily.
Molly is on her 2nd brand of food now, and I think that she is starting to get some new hair growth. Yippee!!!
The problem now is... last month she had this small lump on her back. I took her to the vets. They put her on antibiotics and told me I could hot pack it. well.. it went down and also drained (yuck), just when I though it was going away.. it started to get big again. Yesterday it was just a bit smaller than the size of a golf ball.. Long story short, we are going to the vets in the morning. I hope it's just a cyst, or an abcess. please think good thoughts for us. You people are wonderful! You enlighten me everyday. :)
Short dogs Big paws

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Molly update
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 06:37:00 pm »
Thanks for all the kind words....every body here really is wonderful!

Paws and fingers crossed that all goes well for you and Molly tomorrow!!!

Let us know what happens! ;)

Offline rickie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 03:59:26 am »
thank you  for the information. Years ago I had a Choc. Lab that got lumps and bumps when she got older, but they only got to be about the size of a pea. I'm sure Molly's lump is probably nothing to worry about. I'm just being an overprotective mom. :) I'll let everyone know later today. thanks again....
Short dogs Big paws

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 08:19:00 am »
Best of luck at the vet today Molly!!

my springer used to get lumps the size of golf balls they were the sebacious cysts that I believe newflvr was talking about they started small then filled up occasionally ruptering (pretty gross).  The only time they bothered Stoli was when it would fill to much and stretch her skin.

Keeping fingers and paws crossed for you tody.

kristi

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 08:54:09 am »
Good luck today Molly! :-*

Sampson has a lump on his side (past his ribs & infront of his hip).  I found it about a year ago, it's about the size of a golfball.  The vet took a needle & removed some fluid from it & told me to keep an eye on it.  It hasn't changed size either way, so he thinks it just one of those age things.

Keep us updated - fingers & paws crossed! :-*
-k.

Offline rickie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 09:55:02 am »
You were all right in your predictions. The vet has determined that the lump is a sebacious cyst that is infected. She is back on antibiotics and when the infection is gone and it gets smaller in size, they are going to remove it. thanks again for your thoughts and input
Short dogs Big paws