Loss of Bowel Control in Dogs
Tags: dogs, content, loss, bowel, control, diet, change
There are several reasons that your dog might have no control over his/her bowel movements. Below are some of the most common reasons given by various veterinarians:
- Your dog might be reeling from a change in diet;
- Your dog might be very unhappy with you;
- Your dog might have arthritis; or
- Your dog might be simply be old and can no longer control him/herself.
If your dog has lost his/her bowel control, rest assured that there are steps you can take to help your furry friend overcome this ailment.
- You might want to give your dog some extra attention;
- You might want to make a slow change to a new dog food;
- You might want to give older dog’s specific senior food; finally,
- You need to clean the area completely right away as lingering smells can make them want to make a mess again.
If none of the above remedies work then you should consult your vet to see what exactly might be causing the problem.
Big Dog Blog
Do you read the blog?
Visit the new Big Paws Blog and information on new dogs, fashion, show, and more that's new in the dog world. Click here to visit and start reading.
Welcome to Big Paws Only with the best Big Dog Chat and Message Boards. Registration is Quick & Easy, takes only a few seconds, and allows you to view all of the wonderful pictures of our babies, and chat. Posting Pictures is really easy too, and we host them!