Vomiting in Dogs
Tags: dogs, vomit, stomach, upset, problem, pancreas, ulcer, ache
There are several reasons that your dog might have be have throwing up. Below are some of the most common reasons given by various veterinarians:
- Your dog might have eaten something causing his stomach to ache;
- Your dog might have an ulcer;
- Your dog might have a bacterial infection;
- Your dog might have cancer; or
- Your dog might have a problem with his/her pancreas.
If your dog is vomiting, rest assured that there are steps you can take to help your furry friend overcome this ailment.
- You might want to make sure that the lid to your garbage is secured;
- You might want to give your dog some Maalox to calm the stomach (60 lb. dog 1 tablet, 120 lb. dog 2 tablets); finally,
- You might want to give your dog crackers or rice to settle his stomach.
If none of the above remedies work then you should consult your vet to see what exactly might be causing the problem.
Big Dog Blog
Do you read the blog?
Visit the new Big Paws Blog and information on new dogs, fashion, show, and more that's new in the dog world. Click here to visit and start reading.
Welcome to Big Paws Only with the best Big Dog Chat and Message Boards. Registration is Quick & Easy, takes only a few seconds, and allows you to view all of the wonderful pictures of our babies, and chat. Posting Pictures is really easy too, and we host them!